November 30, 2006

My History As A Browns Fan

By Spergon Wynn's Dad
I’ve never had a girlfriend. Therefor, it may not make sense for me to draw this parallel. But I’ll go ahead and do it anyway. Being a diehard Browns fan trumps the stress, pain, sacrifice, joys, and heartache of the most topsy-turvy of human relationships. Imagine being in love, not just a teenage puppy crush but truly in love with the girl of your dreams. Now imagine that your dating this girl for as long as you can remember, and suddenly she dumps you and goes out with some smarmy prick rival of yours. That’s sort of what its like being a diehard Browns fan, only imagine feeling such agony on a regular basis.

Being a diehard Browns fan is one of, if not the biggest challenges I’ve had to deal with in my (not-so-difficult) life. Why am I as big a Browns fan as I am? What seperates the disinterested from the casual from dedicated from the diehard from the possessed, well that I couldn’t tell you. Perhaps we all have medichlorian counts that determine our passion for our given teams, and I was gifted/cursed with a surplus. What I do know is theres something about the Browns fanbase that you can’t say about any old team. Before I explore my own past as a Browns fan, keep in mind that this is only a journey through a somewhat psychotic fans very recent experiences with a long running franchise. As much I’m about to piss and moan, I’ve really been through nothing compared to some. I’m only halfway tested as a Browns fan, but I think I’ve passed the midterm.

Continue Reading Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOUR RUINED CHRISTMAS YOU BASTARD